- Competitive Salaries
- Non-obligatory relocation allowance for shipping personal items to Barrow
- Subsidized housing – subsidy varies depending on unit size
- Transportation to Barrow for the employee and all immediate family members
- Medical/dental/vision/pharmacy benefits - Employee premium coverage paid at 100%; family premium coverage partially paid
- 401 (a) Retirement Plan
Employees will be eligible for employer contribution (historically, 8% of annual salary) upon completion of one full year of service. Employees become 100% vested after 5 years of service
- 403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
Participation in this plan is optional and at the employee’s expense
- 13 paid holidays
- 25 days of accrued personal leave after one year of employment
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment/Loss of sight insurance
There is a $4,500 ($6,000 for physicians and dentists) non-obligatory relocation allowance for shipping personal items. In addition to the relocation allowance, we also pay for transportation to Barrow for the employee and all immediate family members.
We have on-campus subsidized housing available. These apartments are fully furnished and include local phone and some utilities. We also have off-campus subsidized housing in the community. Subsidized rental rates (balance deducted from pay) are minimal, but may vary depending on unit size. Although Internet and cable TV are not included, they are available for purchase from local service companies.
$500 Per pet
$10 Per Key Issued
Deposits will be taken out of pay over the first two pay periods.
Mailboxes are available at the US Post Office in Barrow.
Please see General FAQ for more details.
Samuel Simmonds Memorial Hospital supports continued staff training and offers most professional staff members the opportunity to participate in an annual continuing education trip to Anchorage. In addition we offer “Lunch and Learn” educational opportunities and onsite classes in: BLS, ACLS, TNCC, NRP, ENPC, PALS, Medevac, Crisis Prevention, and Cultural Orientation.